728 X 90 Ad slot

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Blog #20: Disney Princesses (part deux)

WELL! Guess what I found out the other day. My work is on the internet media. Unfortunately not some original idea that I've come up with but once again my Disney Princess Lineup. I seem to only be doing that coporation favors. So this time around it's on a website channel called Indie Mogul which appears to run reviews and raise awarement of upcoming movie releases. In this case it was a Disney Princess Top 10 countdown in lieu of Rapunzel joining the lineup.

Disney-Princess-Lineup-disney-princess-11846005-1280-800.jpg
Add caption
I was aware of the upcoming film over a year ago and had only seen minimal footage. Rapunzel was not well received by myself and fellow Disney buffs, mainly because her film was in 3d and clearly a comedy. Gone are the days when a dramatic fairy tale is taken seriously. Well in my liesure time's prime, I made several alterations to the Disney Princess lineup, as I've mentioned before. I've added Princess Tiana, I altered the color of some of the dresses, I created Ariel's & Jasmine's dresses altogether, and finally I got around to sticking Rapunzel in there. It was doubted that she would mesh well in the lineup due to the fact that she's 3d and all but I thought I'd give it a try.

Normally I would search the internet for a large enough picture of her to edit and superimpose. However no full-body images of her existed yet (at least none that would work). I knew what she looked like and so I tried just modifying various body parts of the other princesses to make a Frankenstein as it were but I simply wasn't pulling it off. So finally I came across some merchandize material that had pictures of her on it including a doll box, a few coloring books, and whatnot. So with a good image of her face, a partial image of her body, and several segments of her hair I was able to piece her together and soften her three dimensional look. She still stood out in both style and texture so I never took much pride in it. Nonetheless, apparently the image is now being used on DisneyWiki http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Disney_Princess and latest this following film clip. An older version is also currently the header image for Wikipedia's Disney Princess article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Princess . My only complaint is that people use it assuming its an image released by Disney. But nope. It's mine.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010 by Amidanah Rohmah · 0

0 Responses to “Blog #20: Disney Princesses (part deux)”

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All Rights Reserved New Pictures | Blogger Templates by Bloggermint