728 X 90 Ad slot

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Blog #31: One last blog before midnight

So it's the last night to enter blogs. I figured I'd come in here and finish just one more before the deadline. Today as I was setting up our display case before class, I began to really realize just how much I've enjoyed this class. Art classes have usually been a bore but this has been the first time I've ever been truly challenged. I've learned so many new ideas or concepts really about art. I definately have a much less-narrow, less snooty opinion about what constitutes as art and for that I'm very grateful.

This class has been so incredibly fun, forcing me to think outside the box more than ever before. I've asked people for their hair, made a condom out of clue and performed all but naked in front of the class (which is a wild crazy college moment I'll share with my kids years from now, I'm sure). Also, I've enjoyed the teacher. I really have. At first I had my misgivings, but I've greatly appreciated her advice, input, criticism, taste, humor, and I'm not just saying that. I've enjoyed most of my teachers this sememster and it bums me a little having to move on. I believe I have someone named Migel for my next art class. Neva hoyd of him. I wonder if he was that tall teacher who helped judge the Soap and SPAM midterms? hmm *Nope, it's someone else*




Anyhoo as soon as I'm done with this project all I'll have to look forward to are 3 more finals: Theatre 101, Art History 102, and Anthropology 101. Ah me. But as far as this project is going, I think we're on top of things. It's more of an atmospheric display as opposed to a formal or forensic one. We's gunna have driftwood, sand and shells. If I could find a stuffed seagull I'd stick it in there too. Alas, no such luck. The case is smaller than I expected so we've limited our number of exhibit pieces. As for my group members, I have absolutely no complaints. They've really done their work and stuck around till I insisted they go home. Their enthusiam has been wonderful.

This whole class experience has been wonderful and I'm sad to see it end. :(


Tuesday, December 7, 2010 by Amidanah Rohmah · 0

0 Responses to “Blog #31: One last blog before midnight”

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All Rights Reserved New Pictures | Blogger Templates by Bloggermint