728 X 90 Ad slot

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Blog #15: MIDTERM!!!

First off, what an awesome midterm! No studying, no writing just make something. Well! well well well. We are given two mediums to work with: soap or spam.
Naturally I chose the SPAM. Mostly out of my idle curiosity as to what spam looks like. I've never eaten it intentionally. Heck! I'm not even sure I've seen it up close before. Much to my suprise, it smells like tuna mixed with bacon.

Anyhoo we have to make something, anything! So question is. What does one make from SPAM? So from our past two class projects, I looked at the qualities of SPAM. It really is just mean, pork to be specific, and yet its seen as disgusting and cheap. Hmm. Well a penis came to mind with the connection of "edible meat" but I figured that was too obvious. Perhaps the subject matter should contradict the subject matter and make something either cute or beautiful. A classical bust maybe? I had decided on this. But then, out of the blue, I don't know where, it struck me. A FETUS!  Granted, I asked a few people and that was what got the biggest reaction. First I mention SPAM which on it's own made people go "Ewww!". Then to mention an aborted fetus and they replied with "Ewwwww!" (notice the extra Ws)

Let me be perfectly clear that I am politically Pro-Choice while personally I am pro-life. So this is NOT intended to push a strong political agenda.

However, I pose the question. What makes SPAM disgusting anyway? Again, its just meat. And when it comes to meat, what meats are more disgusting than others? Why is eating one animal any less disgusting than eating say a dog? SO! With abortion, we are asked a similar question; which humans are less entitled to life? When does the ...thing...go from being a cute baby to a disgusting fetus? Am I saying the fetus is just a piece of meat? Or am I comparing abortion to the use of SPAM that "hopefully" it should be a last resort?  Discuss!
Wednesday, October 20, 2010 by Amidanah Rohmah · 0

0 Responses to “Blog #15: MIDTERM!!!”

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All Rights Reserved New Pictures | Blogger Templates by Bloggermint